Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Madkoifish, keep that current nacelle layout for later. Something tells me you could make one hell of a lightsaber handle out of it with barely any alterations to it.

-=-

Although, on the newest batch of warp nacelle images, the second image (the one with the bussard collector facing left), is that a mesh error I see just behind the bussard? Where the lower 'lip' of the hull turns about 45 degrees upwards? Or is that just a trick of the lighting?

-=-

As an aside: Are you going to update that Klingon WIP you posted over at pixiv? Because I -miss- seeing that design get worked on.

As a further aside: Good taste in Touhou (but needs more Youmu).
    Last edited by Barricade; 7th May 2016 at 09:29.
    Since Jul '06? HAH! I was here, lurking, on the site back in 1999!

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system. — rpg.net

"This game doesn't look much of a challenge to me, or maybe I've been playing too much Megaman 9 lately."

That is just the surfacing map being pinched and picking up a gloss hit from the lighting. Least that is the only thing I can think of that could be seen as a mesh error. I dunno where this ship is going atm as I am mostly working on OC models and the textures for the tos connie, well updating and altering them. I was getting a bit tired of all the I WANT SHIZ FOR FREE related to trek work and kind of moved away from original trek design work.

The Klingon ship is dead. I probably wont touch it again.

But she is a DORK. . . . heh
    maybe that is a bit dated have some radioactive raven instead.

WIP

speaking of stale memes
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 7th May 2016 at 11:46.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

You said the Klingon Cruiser is dead and you wont touch it again, i would Love to Finish it, when you allowed it?
    "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again..." Prophecies of Pythia

More Utsuho is always awesome, but once an Okuu, always an Okuu.

Me, I'm a Sakuya, Youmu, Reisen fanboy.

-=-

And yes, please put up whatever you have left of the Klingon ship for adoption. It really -is- a good looking hull (I know, I've commented enough about it over at your Pixiv account), and I'd hate for it to just rot away.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system. — rpg.net

"This game doesn't look much of a challenge to me, or maybe I've been playing too much Megaman 9 lately."

Sorry I do not hand out meshes anymore. If someone wants to use the design and work from the WIP images be my guest.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

No Problem, if you have the WIP-Images i give it a Try.
    "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again..." Prophecies of Pythia

Just realized with F3d gone/down I do not have much of anything online right now in regards to the WIP progress. So give me some time to upload or locate the content and make a blog post/gallery.

I lost a tonne of WIP images/links when I tried to sort media on WP. Still wish they had some sort of folder organization thing vs ALL IN ONE PLACE as it is a real PITA to back link content or reference content on forums etc.

Last wip images I am seeing in the base gallery, have to check the WIP gallery though but I think that whole blog came after.

man this site is a PITA to do linked images.

Looking at the dates this is almost a year ago.

I MIGHT readdress this in a loose design sense but likely it would be going way back to the early block in phase as it has a lot of stuff I liked back then that was lost over time. The gallery is up on the WIP blog and should be downloadable.

Not sure how much help they are other than what I uploaded at wp.
    Some old old wip images I found on the other wp account. They might be here in this thread too.

https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...iplight-02.jpg
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ruiser-010.jpg
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ruiser-009.jpg
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ruiser-007.jpg
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ruiser-008.jpg
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ruiser-006.jpg
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ruiser-005.jpg
    doodle
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.c...ingon-001b.jpg

Everything on DA is gone so rely on the blog or PIXIV
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 11th May 2016 at 11:04.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Even if you let the model die, might I suggest that you tuck away those disruptor mini-turrets spread across the hull, for later use? Those things have serious potential for possible future models.

I also always did like how you made it look like there -could- have been two cramped shuttlebays on either side of the head section. Only big enough for a single shuttle (fighter?) but still, those notches you left there are a neat change from the standard 'bulb' shape Klingon ships seem to prefer.
    Last edited by Barricade; 11th May 2016 at 01:41.

If you mean those large round things those are airlocks.

Sort of mulling about aimlessly atm as I do not feel like painting more gunge on the connie and do not want to work on the existing OC stuff so after messing about and looking at old meshes I found this old romulan raptor model used in the Daedalus SOTL image (2015). So far all I have done is correct the background enviro settings and some alterations in the AO mapping on the ship and some fooling with those "feathers".
    The idea is to go in and replace all the quick mapping to at least make the paneling be a separate uvw and add in some detail. I also am thinking of adding in the bird decal as that was hand painted in post. I ended up having to model this ship in like a week so it is not really suitable for close ups. I could probably find more wrong with it design wise that I would want to redo but for now it is just a facelift while my interest in it exists.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Mostly ran about upping poly count in areas and screwing around with the materials as I sorta lost that blue green effect was was wanting to eliminate the TMP plating look. So in the end I got this army green thing going on. . . . oops. Still need to tweak the surfacing so that the highlights are a bit stronger and not to muted. I think this is due to retaining falloffs on the reflective color vs just setting it to 0 which is white.

I have a feeling I will be redoing the nacelles from scratch as the narrowness still bothers me.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast