Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Just a small update again. . . . mostly refinement of those hull panel grids. And no that one broken one is not broken but is obliterated by mental ray settings. Though things were set high enough to not do that but meh. I might be working myself in a corner with cutting these like this but it is a different approach in a attempt to mimic the concept arts panel look but retain the hull corners without hard edges. Clearly I have strayed from what is on the art as my hull is much narrower and not as angled up etc.
    Probably spent more time locating a usable pennant image that is post ENT E than I did on anything else today. FFFFF

Well, I think those RCS on the hull are looking a bit too large now. -_- Might have to push those about and hope it can be done without rebuilding or restructuring. DERP.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Extruding in the nightmares and beveling out some of the panels in subgroups. Also detaching bits and remapping them as unique bits. I think this gets the panel look that the concept drawing has without extruding off corners etc. It also avoids that klingon panel look and that group of lines on a solid hull thing. I think voy ships suffered this a lot where it was just stenciled on the hull as detail but not part of a proper structure.

I really do need to get to reworking the greeble pit.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

A new year and new nacelles?

Blocked these in last night as this area is a sore spot for me. My execution of the hull interface here is just crap and the old nacelles just made it more noticeable to me. KIM these are just rough work.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Spent the session messing with the nacelles.

Debating how I want to do the bussards and if I want to retain the old internal objects behind the warp grills. Also considering breaking the nacelle body up more thus complicating the sub-div bits but I think it would look better for it.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

delayed as I didn't want to stay up for rendering!

I think all the blocking in is done time to move onto collapsing some subdiv and detailing it out. Likely replace the last half of the things with groups of shapes vs what I have atm EXP as it is a bit clunky. Just slow going lately. Oh yeah moved the units further forward some, might not be obvious on the renders.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

More nacelles. . . . .

an awkwardish RCS pod, not sure how I will do this detail and not have it look so clunky. It might not be so bad once on the ship though.

Internal guts,

that kinda fail under the grill.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

NACELLES!
    more ****ing nacelles. . . lol

Mostly sussing out details and final lines. I might clean out some of the stepping angle things going on as I might have gone a bit too overboard on that. Almost all of it is collapsed at this point and PLAN is to simplify the bottom of the nacelle even maybe remove some parts to make the join to the ship a more simple affair. A bit late but thinking I should have tightened the radius on the "crease" on those latter casing segments to be a bit more pronounced than they are to match the changes made in the cowling part. OOPS.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Decided to throw things out again. To which I think the replacement is an improvement.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

SFM Guru
    Looking awesome as always. Really liking those nacelles.