Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCRN Donnager (The Expanse)

MCRN Donnager (The Expanse)

Well, I've been pulled back in by a new sci-fi show with some ship designs that I absolutely love. I wasn't sure If I was going to come post these, but I figure It will fuel me and give me an extra push to finish.

So I have started blocking out the shapes tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_MCRNdonnager_02.jpg 
Views:	7300 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	112675

Name:	WIP_MCRNdonnager_01.jpg 
Views:	3354 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	112676
    Last edited by Infinity238; 6th Jan 2016 at 04:58.
    "There are no short cuts to any place worth going."

Man Oh man Nice Infinity, hey happy New year, and WHERE the hell you been guy real long time fan from the BSG days!
    "When the GRIM REAPER comes a calling, I'm going to make the bastard earn it"!

Nice someone is taking this ship on!

It really does look like a skyscraper in space.

Banned
    Very interesting design going on. It feels similar to an imperial shuttle fused with a t wing.

Great start on a model of a really ugly design - looks very accurate. I absolutely LOVE the show but thus far unimpressed with production design.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress21 View Post
    Great start on a model of a really ugly design - looks very accurate. I absolutely LOVE the show but thus far unimpressed with production design.
    Haha, I think thats why I like the designs. All these sexy scifi ships we've come up with really aren't practical. The ships so far on the expanse are the most practical space worthy vessels i've seen on a show. The whole built like a tower thing makes so much sense I cant believe this is the first show to take that approach. None of that magical "artificial gravity". Functionality is sexy!

Name:	WIP_MCRNdonnager_03.jpg 
Views:	3692 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	112690

Name:	WIP_MCRNdonnager_04.jpg 
Views:	3094 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	112691
    "There are no short cuts to any place worth going."

Don't think I've even heard of this show, so can't comment on what the design of the actual ship from that show looks like, but I quite like your take on it. Looks solid, practical and functional. I like it.

This is fantastic! I'm thrilled to see someone rendering the Donnager! Can you show a picture of the wireframe? Great work on this model!

Impressive work. I fell in love with the Donnager as soon as she appear on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress21 View Post
    Well, it look a lot better than what the novel describe her. In the novel, she's just a big, black rectangular spaceship with weapon attached to the hull.

Beside, the producer tried to make the ship to look as practical as possible. Thrust-is-down instead of Belly-Is-Down? That's even rarer than soundless space.

SFM Nugget
    Hey Guys! Wondering if this project is still alive or possible to get the model?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast