Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Star Trek Discovery

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is more a case of paying 12usd for one show as what else would one REALLY watch on that stream?

If it was on flix in the US it probably would fare much better than it will. I would probaly watch a few eps if it was on flix. I am shocked though at how much presence they are putting into it is I see it on tvs at restaurants in stores and pretty much anywhere there is a tv tuned to a station. A lot of push for a streamed show. A show on a stream that is destined to fail.

It will only work with a few big subs with the studios bidding for shows or slots. I can say I wont be paying 12usd for cbs 12for nbc 12 for abc 12 for XYZ etc etc so one.

This is what I refuse to pay not the show but the idea of 12usd a month for a single network stream. (sorry no I will never PAY for adverts so it is full fee vs the 5usd version)
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, they're pushing it hard on CBS. My guess is they're hoping that enough people will see it and just love it so much that they subscribe just for that show. Riiiight.

I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, though Prime has multiple benefits. And, I just started again with Hulu. So, I don't need to pay for another service that only has shows from one network. Put the show on one of those services and we'll talk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
    I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, though Prime has multiple benefits. And, I just started again with Hulu. So, I don't need to pay for another service that only has shows from one network. Put the show on one of those services and we'll talk.
    This is exactly where my wife and I stand. We also just started with Hulu again and I'm impressed that it's improved so much since the last time we tried it.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimpfy View Post
    This is exactly where my wife and I stand. We also just started with Hulu again and I'm impressed that it's improved so much since the last time we tried it.
    My thoughts exactly, I don't mind paying for Netflix and Hulu because they have a lot of shows and Amazon Video comes with my Prime membership (except HBO which I pay extra but I watch their movies and Game of Thrones) but I would never pay CBS just to watch one show even if it was good which I doubt this will be.

Update: 9-24-17
    I just watched the premiere episode that aired on CBS, first, the opening credits are horrible, they looked like a badly drawn cartoon from the 70's. The episode itself was alright but I just can't see how this will work online only. If it were on CW I would probably watch it but I'm not paying $5.99 up to $9.99 a month for this show.
    Last edited by Lonewriter; Yesterday at 02:47.
    Live Long and Prosper, Y'all!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't hate it like I thought I would. I found the acting to be solid, though the script was a bit of a let down. Also, more action that story, as seems to be the formula with modern Sci-Fi. The less said about the "Klingons" the better. The only thing that even looked right with them was the emblem. The Starfleet tech looks very generic. The ships look like background ships from First Contact and ships from Star Trek Online. There's nothing 23rd century looking to them. The interiors are all angles with stuff jutting out, unlike the smooth lines of the older shows. The gray pallet with blue displays is very bland, and none of the console designs really stand out as being "Star Trek" to me. It's just too generic. So are the uniforms. Navy blue with metallic accents. Just like you'd find on military personnel in a lot of Sci-Fi. I do like how different the story went, and I may stick with it a bit. Though, it all hangs on next week's episode. I'm on a 1 week trial of BS All Access, and I need to decide if it's worth $5.99/month before paying for it. I also need to see if there are any other worthwhile shows on there, though it's CBS so I doubt it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't even bother. I already pay too much for stuff I watch too little of. And the more I've seen of ST the less interested I've become.

Just notice that the ST: D(iscovery) comes up as a grinning face.
    Last edited by rojren; Today at 14:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like it's on Netflix over here. That's convenient.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw it... meh... convenient past time I guess... but not the actual Star Trek about faster than exponential technological progress, discovery, exploration, etc. (at least not yet).
    They did show various things such as holographic communication which I guess would be a step up, but I'm hoping we could get something about a Dyson Swarm creation at the very least (though doubt the writers would be smart enough to take things there).

What a waste... I'm guessing they will just keep rolling with this and keep on portraying current day behaviors into what is supposed to be a highly technologically advanced (and very different world/future).

Criticism I know.. but still.
    We'll see how it goes.
    Environment shapes Human behavior. Greed, selfishness, competition, etc. are learned patterns of behavior as a result of living in an outdated socio-economic system that's based on scarcity and an unsustainable ideology of 'indefinite growth on a finite planet' that creates conditions where such behaviors will inevitably emerge.
    We need to unleash our science and technology into the social system which desperately needs an update.
    Reserarch the Venus Project and Resource Based Economy

Downloads
    Uploads
    The more I think about it, the more I realize I didn't really have an issue with the Klingons. They went bold with them, more so than with Starfleet. At least they didn't have helmets and jewelry.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112