Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond A

this is true i was rude - the modelling does look good - design looks better than the concept art for the ship in fact - i just have a bug bear about the abramsverse ship design - they are just ugly compared the original refit design which is my personal favourite enterprise

I didn't hate it the first time I saw it, but this design is actually growing on me. I'm glad someone is modeling it.

I'm also impressed that you've jumped the gun and started with very limited reference material!
    Composer/musician, artist, dancer, and excessive nerd.

Portfolio: http://huntergifford.crevado.com/
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hg56959?feature=mhee

Nice modelling Nightfever! She looks much better than the concept renderings by Sean Hargreaves. Especially the pylons look so terrible on that one in the side elevation. During that sequence in the movie I didn't notice she was so much different from the original JJPrise. So maybe that concept is not the final shape. I was never a big fan of the JJPrise, so any change is welcome :-)
    And at least they are building her in space this time.

Do I remember correctly that you use C4D, Nightfever?

The concept doesn't match up with the actual ship. For example the concept has the front part of the neck completely vertical, while the actual ship has it curve.
    https://renegadeinitiative.wordpress.com/
    "It's about the future, Madame Chancellor. Some people think the future means the end of history. Well, we haven't run out of history quite yet. Your father called the future - "the undiscovered country". People can be very frightened of change."

Thanks for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by christianS View Post
    Do I remember correctly that you use C4D, Nightfever?
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmangreg View Post
    The concept doesn't match up with the actual ship. For example the concept has the front part of the neck completely vertical, while the actual ship has it curve.
    That's why the project is on hold until we get a better look at it.

Hello nightfever.
    You're there even further, or that was just for fun?

best regards
    trekki

SFM Nugget
    I don't know what Sean Hargreaves was thinking when he made those. The final version is noticeably different from his concept, though mostly with the neck. It think they may have reduced the pylons a tad but its still not great. Your version looks a lot better there

Nice model so far. Am in the same boat of being not all that happy with the JJ version, found it and the design of the bridge to be some of the weakest elements of these new movies, and was hoping when the E bit the bullet in the new movie that we'd get a more palatable redesign more in line with the original series refit, so was so gutted when they did the rebuild sequence at the end of the movie and I found it looked practically identical, but I guess that is to my untrained eye, so there are differences? Looking forward to seeing them as your work on this develops and more reference becomes available. Still wish they'd distanced it more from the JJ original, but you can't have everything eh?

Awesome! I remember a whole slew of early attempts at the 2009 Enterprise being posted here well before any solid reference material was available. Kudos to you for boldly going, and I hope it goes well!

SFM Nugget
    Looks great so far Alex, yes and a bold move to try modeling this with little references. Look forward to seeing your outcome.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast