Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Oooo, diagnostic station could be neat! Maybe filled with a bunch of precursor isolinear chips in place of the "seen" astrogator display?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Adding another step down is certainly too much of a change, I want to keep it as close as the set as possible. Regarding the Ent-A style console, that is the one they used! The Ent-C appeared in season 3 of TNG, so well after Final Frontier was out. You can see the central light of the console in one of the shots, and on another you can see the white stripes they used on the border of the console. It adds even more LCARS styles to the mix! X.X

Yeah, I'll most probably go down the route of the 'seldom used console'...
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    That honestly astounds me - the brief view we had of the forward part of the "helm" console looked substantially flatter than the Ent-A version... maybe they added more than just greebles to that part?

Agreed on the white lines though; I just consulted the HD copy of that episode I've got saved - you can even see the outline of the circular monitor window on the astrogator. Good eye!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

Yeah the front does look a bit more flat, but I believe it's due to the close camera angle more than anything else. I could be wrong though, you never know with these things!

Anyway, I've made some progress on the forward station. I decided to make it an Emergency Manual Override station. That station was seen in early TNG, so it makes sense that the predecessor to the Enterprise-D has one of these. It's not used regularly unless it's a dire situation and other consoles are destroyed. And surprise, we only saw it being used during a dire situation as the helm!

I've added the Okudagrams to the bottom of the console. I decided to ignore the white stripes seen there because honestly all the different consoles would end up looking completely different if I don't draw the line somewhere, I want to make the look somewhat consistent. Also because of that, I've added some more of that TVH style Okudagram.

Very nice... I love the astrogator graphics/LCARS.

SFM Guru
    I like the extra hint of color you've added to the astrogator lcars, as the other Ent-C displays also had vs their Ent-A counterparts.

The added bonus of course, is the fact that you're building up your stockpile of "canon" bridge set elements

@BolianAdmiral: Thank you!

@Starscream:Thanks! Yeah, these have a lot more color than the chronologically earlier okudagrams, I'm thinking that I might have to further modify these to add another tone of blue. It's hard to see from the episode but I believe there's a third blue color involved.

I've started work on the front and I'm nearly done with the viewscreen, but in the meantime, I've done the details that go below the aft consoles, and I've also continued work on the overhead graphics, and modified the Captain's chair a bit to make it more accurate.

SFM Guru
    Just had a look at some screencaps and I'd say you're right - I can definitely make out three -possibly even four- distinct shades of blue, but only two green.

She's looking amazing!

SFM Guru
    Looks amazing. Those LCARS look great.

It's a bit of an odd bridge, but it feels like a proto version of the Galaxy bridge.