Page 69 of 121 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Oh, nice screencaps Rusty, I didn't remember that detail. Indeed that glass panel was pretty awesome, too bad it was never used afterwards.

All the biobeds were reused from TMP, all the way up to Nemesis, they were clearly made to last. :P

@BolianAdmiral: Indeed! I've been using the Technical Manual CD ROM, an invaluable source!

Probably the biggest difference between the Galaxy and the TNG sickbays is the inclusion of a nurse station (similar to the one seen in TWoK). However given how much smaller the area is here, I'm having trouble finding a good spot for it. One option is to remove one of the biobeds and put it there. This was actually done in a TNG episode where they needed to have a console on the set, see here and here. Here are some renders of the different options:

In other news, I've finished the season 7 version of the Enterprise-D bridge. As always, more renders are displayed in my portfolio.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Let's go with Option #3 - replace one of the biobeds with the console.

I'd like the Medical Insignia on it like on this console at the very right of this screencap:
    http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x...are_hd_290.jpg

Along with a label on the upper part like this one:
    http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x...red_hd_061.jpg

That season 7 bridge looks so awesome.

SFM Obsessed
    I think personally I'd have gone with option 1, but putting the console at 90 degrees to the wall and switching the support column underneath so that it's projecting up and out from the base of said wall.

I like the idea of putting an insignia on it!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    While you're waiting for updates, you might want to check out a commission request I gave to illustrator Marcel De Souza using the Galaxy bridge Rekkert made for me as a set. This is Captain Chandra (in the command chair), Lieutenant Commander Sorista (at one of the secondary command consoles that she has programmed for Science / Library Computer functions), and Lieutenant Olaas (at Tactical):

Is it cloaked?

@Rusty0918: Will do, option 3 it is then! Like BolianAdmiral, I can't see the image though. I'm asuming it's this one from Deviant Art? It's an awesome piece! I certainly like Marcel's style.

@BolianAdmiral: Thank you!

@Starscream: I agree with Rusty that removing one of the biobeds is the best alternative, I tried a lot of stuff, and no matter how I rotate or move things around, the area is just too crammed with everything.

Started with the detailing for the sensor cluster (I had no idea it was called that way until this week) above the main biobed, as well as on the two columns on the side walls.

Last edited by Rekkert; 6th Feb 2018 at 07:36.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Rusty0918: Will do, option 3 it is then! Like BolianAdmiral, I can't see the image though. I'm asuming it's this one from Deviant Art? It's an awesome piece! I certainly like Marcel's style.

@BolianAdmiral: Thank you!

@Starscream: I agree with Rusty that removing one of the biobeds is the best alternative, I tried a lot of stuff, and no matter how I rotate or move things around, the area is just too crammed with everything.

Started with the detailing for the sensor cluster (I had no idea it was called that way until this week) above the main biobed, as well as on the two columns on the side walls.

Yep, it's that one. Interesting because Marcel de Souza hasn't done any Trek-related stuff until my requests. Some of his stuff can be a bit...you know...he's more into comic book characters and superheroes, as well as some other stuff that's a bit well...I don't want to go into it.

SFM Obsessed
    Ah, I wasn't sure if it was just a trick of the lens making it look like there was less space over there. I definitely agree then, Option 3 is best!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

I've worked on the, uh, random vases that are just there on the corner. I had a lot of fun experimenting to get the materials to look like I wanted them to. I still have to add some further details to the stand though.