Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Starscream: Thanks! Yeah I love the Sutherland, it's so uncomfortable looking and unique
    Hahaha too true! And I think that's what best suited the script - i.e, cramped, claustrophobic, tension-inducing (submarine-esque). It was merely that the model used for the Sutherland exterior was unsuitable. Ideally it should have been something like a small, sensor-laden vessel, rather than a full ship of the line...

I'm basing the arrangement mostly on the Relay Station 47 set, which is the only instance where this console was used with TNG style LCARS (as far as I could tell).
    Your engineering display is looking sweet, what I can see of it! I like those nacelles

I think they had the right idea merging the various panels into one unobstructed surface for RS47 - looks more "TNG" versus the original version, which was ideal for ST:VI era Okudagrams.

As I recall, these stations also got split down the middle later on, for use in the Pasteur. Did we see them ever again after TNG, anyone?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @BolianAdmiral: Hahaha, you'll have to wait for me to finishing up installing them.

@BlueNeumann: Yeah? They aren't chairs either, but go and try to tell that to Riker.

@Starscream: I didn't show the entire engineering display because it wasn't finished. Now that you mention the fact that they merged them for RS47, it's funny, if you look closely at the image I posted, you can see that all they did was print a large LCARS display and stick it on top of the three separate consoles. At the bottom of the display you can see the shape of the three consoles standing out.

I've finished the row of small monitors and the aforementioned main engineering screen. I've started work on the lower consoles but they're still in progress, I have to modify the UV maps slightly there.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude, you're really making me want to do something from the Next Gen era so that I can make a bridge for it.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Now that you mention the fact that they merged them for RS47, it's funny, if you look closely at the image I posted, you can see that all they did was print a large LCARS display and stick it on top of the three separate consoles. At the bottom of the display you can see the shape of the three consoles standing out.
    I too noticed that, however looking at the actual LCARS there doesn't appear to be a break in the backlighting - only the panel at 45' has a sufficient black unlit area in the corresponding position.

I suspect that while they did do an overlay (ie, a slightly larger black plexiglass cover) over the existing panels, they also removed some of them where feasible, to allow for no break in the backlighting - certainly on the lowermost "control" displays, and possibly on the vertical "monitor" displays also. So what we can see is part of the leftover divider that wasn't cut out.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Rekkert; wow, man... I really love how this is looking! The bridge is really coming to life now!
    Last edited by BolianAdmiral; Today at 18:38.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829