Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Me too - this is similar to how I'd always felt the "real" Nebula-class bridges ought to styled; a less luxurious version of the Galaxy-class module (as opposed to sets that barely even looked like bridges in some instances!)
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Me too - this is similar to how I'd always felt the "real" Nebula-class bridges ought to styled; a less luxurious version of the Galaxy-class module (as opposed to sets that barely even looked like bridges in some instances!)
    Like the Sutherland? I don't know what they were thinking with that one. At least the Nebula-class Prometheus bridge looked like a Starfleet bridge, though for a smaller ship. (they used what they had available, I guess)

SFM Guru
    Especially the Sutherland! Found the other examples to be equally lacking though, tbh, and in some ways even harder to rationalise since they were so obviously made from older-era consoles etc.

A relit and redressed Ent-D bridge would I think have been vastly superior...
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

I do like the Sutherland, in a bizarre sort of way , it's so different that I like it just for the sake of it.

I always though it was a shame that we never got to see the Ent-D bridge used in DS9. It was always being used in TNG (logically) so there was no time for a redress to be the various Nebula or the Odyssey.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

More progress, but again, nothing's final. Thoughts so far?
    (Also, excuse the stretched LCARS)

I LOVE the colors!!! Please keep that blue carpet!

I'm really liking that bridge so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    I always though it was a shame that we never got to see the Ent-D bridge used in DS9. It was always being used in TNG (logically) so there was no time for a redress to be the various Nebula or the Odyssey.
    Also, remember that after the second season of DS9, the Ent-D bridge didn't exist anymore. It became the Voyager bridge. They did use the Voyager sets in one episode where they had another Intrepid class ship.

The only time I can remember them even showing the bridge of a Galaxy class on DS9 (besides the Enterprise in the pilot) was in the season 2 finale, "The Jem'Hadar." That was the one with the first appearance of the Jem'Hadar, and they had the USS Odyssey assist the DS9 runabouts in mounting a rescue mission to save Sisko, Jake, Quark and Nog from them. The Odyssey bridge was seen briefly on a viewscreen and definitely didn't look like the Ent-D bridge.
    Last edited by evil_genius_180; 7th Jun 2017 at 05:20.

Loving the new bridge so far!
    Last edited by BlobVanDam; 7th Jun 2017 at 09:28.

The Odyssey bridge was a redress of the Saratoga/Prometheus bridge, they couldn't use the Ent-D bridge as they were filming Generations.

It's a pretty weird layout, they just added the center part of the Ent-D horseshoe waaay behind the captain's chair, with some railing at the sides, and added a couple more chairs BEHIND that of the captain for the XO and another officer.

It made little sense but it's certainly one of the unique bridge designs for Starfleet vessels.

Some further refinements. I'm not sure what to do with the ceiling, I might do a completely new piece to differentiate this bridge further from the Anchorage.

Last edited by Rekkert; 7th Jun 2017 at 08:18.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    The Odyssey bridge was a redress of the Saratoga/Prometheus bridge, they couldn't use the Ent-D bridge as they were filming Generations.

It's a pretty weird layout, they just added the center part of the Ent-D horseshoe waaay behind the captain's chair, with some railing at the sides, and added a couple more chairs BEHIND that of the captain for the XO and another officer.

It made little sense but it's certainly one of the unique bridge designs for Starfleet vessels.
    Actually I think that rail was in place of the TNG horseshoe...

Some further refinements. I'm not sure what to do with the ceiling, I might do a completely new piece to differentiate this bridge further from the Anchorage.

Nicely done! It definitely fits in the era, yet stands out on its own... The console seating looks suitably (uncomfortably) ship of the week! If you're putting in touches from Generations like the grabrails, does this mean you'll also be changing the LCARS (ie, the separately colored monitor displays)?

I do think I prefer the more simple (and unsupported) horseshoe that you had originally; the little supports and Voyager console style seem a bit superfluous - and as they say, less is more!