Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ashley's Star Trek WIP Thread

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
    I think I tried Hexagon, or whatever it's called, years ago for about 5 minutes. Didn't do much for me.
    Pretty much the same. I exported something from DAZ once to it to modify it, it loaded up but the second I tried to do ANYTHING with the mesh... bam. I gave up after like 20 minutes. It was unusable.

Worked out a rough deck plan for Deck 2 to figure out where my internal rooms are going to go. This is a really rough layout and is obviously subject to change, but it's a starting point. Checkmarks are rooms that are definitely getting a 'set' built for use in DAZ. The others are more for placeholders but could be built if needed. I'm not expecting to need them myself.

Made some changes and exported my corridor sections to DAZ for proper light testing and to make sure that I don't need to fix anything major. I'm not happy with the carpet I've got there but I'm not unhappy with it either. It may end up getting changed to the flat gray I made my flooring in the Connie and Destroyer sets I built. The corridor may get a different color other than the larger blue panels and I may reduce the overall lighting as well, but it gave me an idea how the mesh was holding up.

Carpet is a pill to do, at least in my opinion. But, it doesn't look bad.

The deck layout looks good. Smart choice having the medical bay across the corridor from the transporter room. You can beam people up and rush them to sickbay, since beaming directly into an area wasn't a thing at that point.

Carpet is a pill to do, at least in my opinion. But, it doesn't look bad.

The deck layout looks good. Smart choice having the medical bay across the corridor from the transporter room. You can beam people up and rush them to sickbay, since beaming directly into an area wasn't a thing at that point.
    Yeah I'm still iffy on the carpet. I'm thinking of other ways to handle it that is more in line with what we saw later on in the other series, but I may just leave it.

I figured keeping medbay/sickbay right across from the transporter room would be a no-brainer. Not sure how many medical staff they'd keep on hand to treat the person, but it works.

I have my own little brain design on how the warp core within the nacelle is going to work. I've got anti-matter containers lining the pod that feed into an injector that is in turn fed deuterirum through the ball on top which also helps collect stray particles. This will lead into the core which is inside the anti-matter bottles (not modeled yet) and will have a plasma feed line to the warp coils and also back to the ship and secondary impulse engines on the struts.

This isn't something that's going to be on the finished mesh of the ship because there isn't any reason to. Well parts of it will be, but this also lets me make up neat 3D engineering displays for the warp systems.

I like that so far. It's always interesting to see the different takes people do on nacelle innards.

I like that so far. It's always interesting to see the different takes people do on nacelle innards.
    Thanks! Yeah everyone has a slightly different take, especially on the TOS era models.

Pulled in my stand in warp nacelle and strut from the Liberty to make sure my Nacelle components were going to line up with the model. I kept them pretty transparent so you can see the actual components. Warp core is nestled in there underneath the anti-matter pods. I used my 'dilithium pumpkin' parts from the Destroyer's Engineering set I built for it. Also modeled up some warp coils. I'm going to do up some equipment that rests between them but keep a mostly hollow center. There's some more stuff to do to the 'bussard' area as I do want to have some kind of 'collector' there that feeds back to the deuterium tanks.

SFM Guru
    All looking good.

Nice job on the nacelle guts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast