Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aPepaah's TOS Enterprise WIP

Quote Originally Posted by scifieric View Post
    APEPAAAH, you've done excellent work on your model. No matter what you use as a resource (short of Gary Kerr's measurements and drawings) there will always be some doubt as to what some aspects of the model are really like.

Great job!
    Thank you, Scifieric! Yes, it's difficult to be sure which reference material is accurate and which is not, not only because the reference material itself is never perfect, but also because the 11 foot model itself was altered during production and the various restorations. Some are also going to be based on the 3-foot model or even the various commercial model kits. Often if in doubt I just study photos of the 11-footer and eyeball it as best I can.

And may I take the opportunity to return the complement; nice job on your Blender version!

Quote Originally Posted by APEPAAAH View Post
    And may I take the opportunity to return the complement; nice job on your Blender version!
    Thank you very kindly!

I've been busy lately and what time I have spent on this has been teaching myself UV unwrapping, so not much to show. I've changed the impulse engines to something that's hopefully more accurate (complete with screw holes) and I added the tabs in front of the forward pipe(s) on the inboard of the nacelle(s), which I had completely forgotten about.

I don't suppose anyone happens to know what shape the studs are on that piece? The only photos I can find are too far away or too low res to be able to see it, and the schematics I can't find aren't much help either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	466.3 KB 
ID:	115166  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12