Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

It wouldn't work as the nacelles obstruct the line of sight latterly around the left and right of the ship. It is why I did not do any sort of turret or weapons load out except the torps on the central hull. There is no room for it either as the strips are more than the exposed elements. STO suffers this terribly having phasers in places impossible, like they are some decal or applique. That disc atm would house the firing room and likely a sensor room/elements for the torps.

ATM I am considering changing out and altering the nacelle positions etc to see if I can at least clear a lateral field of view from that area as I have considered either a pulse phaser turret, of course it would replace all the torpedo bits which would be relocated elsewhere.

Real joke of this design as it sits is the bottom of that central hull has a better line of sight than any uplifting of the upper decks provides.

Those weapons pods though I dislike pods or snap on upgrade crap have been kept from the original art and as a means to balance the shape of the ship. It is also part of what got me to do the ship really the fore or aft view of the ">--<" shape stands out quite a bit.
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 15th Dec 2015 at 10:28.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Bunch of lumpy bits aft of the bridge. All being roughed in as I decide what to do with that lifted bit in the middle. I am also rethinking that upper room as it just appears a bit to large in glass and dunno kinda iffy. (read; it bothers me a bit)

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

MKF, your work is stunning as usual. It almost looks like a small outdoor amphitheater just aft of the bridge... the steps up to, airlock hatches? Is it me or do the two teethed cylinders either side of that area look like the settings selector on a type 1 hand phaser? Are those sensor arrays? I dig the observation deck farther back, is that engineering or the ship's watering hole? ( I see, Officers Lounge, party on!) Those nacelles are very sessy!
    Last edited by JWWright; 15th Dec 2015 at 16:02.
    ---
    Jeffery Wright
    http://jefferywright.com/

The dail like things are sort of lifted from one of my other ships and loosely based off some of the greeblies off of one of the Eaves design studies. As for the rest it was just me futzing around. I was sort of going for a central detail with bits fanning off from it. Those kinked areas like steps probably are a bit much as they do look just like that vs just shapes. ATM they would be a good 2ft step though. The upper window deck would be some lounge or mess hall or something similar. I have not really decided and likely it might go away. No major systems rooms would have windows in my builds.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Working int he details so that lower area isn't so blocky. Also yanked off some of the elements too as it was too busy. One regret is some things Id like to make bigger to balance form more so I might start ripping it all up. Mostly it is that central sensor thing would likely look better at 2X the size it is now. I also still am not decided on what will happen with the raised area above all this crap. Oh and more "parts" from other ships and really something I have included I think on most all of my post TNG ships.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Small refinements and other changes. Mostly markings and correcting some shapes. I do think I probably should tune some of these materials so they work with each other more.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

looking at this stuff is always an inspiration!
    I am VERY angry about this! Whatever it is........

Mulling about with ideas on the nacelles. My first thought of making these a more traditional arrangement is not sitting well with the design so I am considering doing something with a cutaway closer to the original design. I am just attempting to avoid the bussard layout on the original as I really dislike that style. Using influence from the Eaves drawings that he did for the early STO concepts. AGAIN only relation this has are concept works I have not played the game and likely never will.

Top is what would have been, as I am considering the bottom image for the replacement and positioning them like they are in the concept drawing, removing the strut structure in the process.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

blocky quickie of the things to see how they fit and what sort of length and scaling I would want. I still have to resort to some mini strut or brace to blend in that one deck to the nacelle.

an arse view is added.

as well as those ministruts I mentioned.
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 29th Dec 2015 at 02:47.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Lots of ugly going on and just way too thick in places but a bit more refined than before. I think the hunch along the top side is going to get flattened out more to offset the main body of the nacelle further up than it is now.

I have also decided I need to clean up the ass end of all those greeble bits in between the hull plates. Just too much crap going on in there.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast